Coronavirus


I can now confirm that the 1/32nd Nationals cannot take place before the August Bank Holiday weekend, and unless there are miraculous advances in vaccines and testing, October / November is the earliest we can realistically hope for.


Mark Witham

BSCRA Chairman

20 May 2020

----------------- 8 April 2020-----------------


The BSCRA Council are now confirming its earlier statement, that the 1/32 Nationals due to be held in May will be postponed.


Even if government restrictions on the social distancing are relaxed (which itself seems unlikely) there are a number of our members who cannot risk the infection, and so we have decided that we cannot go ahead with the event on the original May dates.


As we previously stated, the 1/32nd Nationals is our premier event of the year, and it will be our priority to fit this in before the end of 2020 if at all possible.


In the meantime, please follow the governments advice in regard to social distancing wherever possible, and help us control and overcome this pandemic. Our thoughts remain with those who have family and friends affected by the virus, so please stay safe and we look forward to meeting up again soon.


Mark Witham

BSCRA Chairman

8 April 2020


----------------- 2 April 2020 -----------------------



Now that we’re already into April, it’s looking as though the chances of holding the 1/32nd Nats on 8th-10th May are just about zero. However, as it is unlikely that anyone is planning any other activities for those dates at the moment, there is no real need to take a final decision on postponing the event just yet. We may get a further clarification from the Government about social meetings which will be definitive, or failing that we’ll make a decision in 2 to 3 weeks time.


The 1/32nd Nats are the most important event in BSCRA’s calendar, with a legacy stretching back 55 years, so we will do everything we can to re-schedule it later in the year. To that end, we will obviously be prepared to replace any other event in the calendar, and will start discussing date options as soon as we have a clearer picture of how the social distancing restrictions are likely to change.


I know that a number of our friends have either had or are affected by the Coronavirus, and I know that they are in our thoughts, and we wish them all a speedy recovery.


In the meantime, keep working on those projects sat on the ‘back burner’, and if any of those with technical knowledge and expertise fancy writing an article for us, this is a great time to do it. I’m currently talking with Kev and Chris F to get a Members Only website up and running, and new articles from you would be a great way to get it started.


Meantime, stay safe, and I hope to see you all again, when it is once more safe to travel and meet.


Mark Witham

BSCRA Chairman

2 April 2020


----------------- 17 March 2020 -----------------------


Most of you will have seen yesterday’s government announcement about the coronavirus crisis.  


This weekend’s BOC meeting needed the most urgent action, and the cancellation/postponement of the Leicester meeting was announced earlier today.    


It seems inevitable there will have to be further postponements / cancellations for as long as the current level of government  restrictions are in force.  Obviously we don't know how long restrictions might be in place.  The BSCRA Council is discussing contingency plans for various different lengths of shut down.    If we cannot run the 1/32 Nats on the scheduled May date, running it at a later date in 2020 is BSCRA's top priority even if that means it replaces another scheduled meeting.


Mark Witham, BSCRA Chairman
Chris Frost,  BSCRA Secretary,
17 March 2020


----------------- 13 March 2020 -----------------------


Like everyone, the BSCRA council has been busily gathering as much information as possible about the impact of the coronavirus (COVID -19).


Most of you will have seen yesterday's government announcement about coronavirus.  The latest measures do not restrict slot racing meetings, or indeed much larger sporting events.    However it is uncertain what measures  the government will deem necessary in the future  or over what period  they will be in place.

At present the meetings on our calendar are going ahead and you should continue to enter for the 1/32 nationals as normal.  The BSCRA council is monitoring the situation and will post updates as necessary.  I'm sure everybody is hoping for the minimum of disruption, but if changes are needed our preference is to postpone rather than cancel major meetings.    In the meantime it's suggested we all follow official advice, such as the NHS web site .



Mark Witham, BSCRA Chairman
Chris Frost,  BSCRA Secretary,
13 March 2020


Copyright ©   2020  British Slot Car Racing Association   All Rights Reserved


Minutes of Meetings and Decisions